Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Anonymous & Mean Spirited Letters
by
David G. Fago

I just read today's Parma Sun Post, and saw the blurb describing the letter circulating city hall and labeling Councilman Tom Mastroianni as "Chef-Boy-R-Dee". I hate when people do things anonymously...I say strap one on and use your real name. Although I may not agree with the councilman on some key issues, I do not believe in childish games and name calling.

If someone wants to be critical of a person's politics or stance on certain issues, then they should make constructive criticism of the issue at hand. No one can get anything done with name calling and baby-whining about a person's physical appearance of ethnic background.

Councilman Mastroianni may be called the "Pizza Guy" because he owns a shop (P-Jays). It is not like he was called "Pizza Guy" because he delivers them for a living. Also the real Chef Boyardee (Hector Boiardi) was a real chef who made a homeade sauce that soon became very popular throughout Cleveland. The real Chef Boyardee died in 1985 (and I believe he was quite wealthy). See the website www.snopes.com for more information.

So Tom...take some advice from a fellow portly Italian...don't sweat the small stuff. This guy must not have the coglione's to tell you his name to your face. Now if you ever want to argue the issues of the income tax credit...please feel free to give me a call!

More to come...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am in Tom's ward and I think we get a little more with him than John,

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home