Saturday, September 30, 2006

Message from David Fago -

Hello everyone. As I have been knocking on doors, I have been asked why I have not updated my blog lately. The answer is that this blog is related to the ongoing politics in Parma. The 15th House district composes of Parma, Middleburg Hts, Brooklyn, and Linndale (and one itty bitty precinct in Cleveland's Ward 19).

Other questions came about the PD's endorsement. I was actually expecting them to endorse Tim because he knew the interviewers on a more personal basis, and quite frankly is more well known. My kiss of death for the PD came as a result of my A-rating from the National Rifle Association. The killing point was that I expressed that I would defend the privacy rights of people who have a conceal-carry license. Newspaper reporters want this information so they can publish it. I say if this happens, we may as well see our driver's licenses published on cleveland.com. They were not too happy with that answer, and I could tell by the look on their faces. I will continue to defend this even if I am not elected, and for the record (and the moment) I am not a conceal carry license holder. I am a member of the National Rifle Association, and I am a gun owner. (USA!! USA!!)

As far as the blog goes...
Out of respect for my opponent, I did not feel it would be fair to hammer too many Parma issues and in turn point these issues to Tim. However, I am watching closely as Parma City Council seems to be up to their old tricks. They are already warning residents about how we expect to lose a couple of million dollars with the retirement buyouts at GM. I smell a repeal of the Ordinance on the "equalization tax" issue.

Please do not worry. I hold Mayor DePiero and City Council to their pledges, as well as push again for a charter for this great city.

Hopefully I will meet many more of you on the streets. I have been running a very low budget campaign, and I hope to purchase a few yards signs...but the budget is tight.

If you would like to help, feel free to contact me, or send a donation to The Friends of David Fago, 8311 Salisbury Drive, Parma, Ohio 44129.

Thanks and I look forward to seeing all my supporters!!

Dave

1 Comments:

Blogger Marie N. said...

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your note in the mail. My husband did get his absentee ballot and he has already mailed it back. Thanks for your offer of help nonetheless.

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home