Friday, January 18, 2008

Fago's endorsements for the 10th Congressional District

by

David G. Fago

Wow…it has been a long time. This latest update is to weigh in on the 10th Congressional District. I will give my review of each candidate and tell you who I am endorsing for each of the primaries (Democrat and Republican).

The bottom line of this race is to remove Dennis Kucinich from public office. Even if you decide not to vote for the candidate I endorse, I beg you to choose someone other than Dennis Kucinich.

For the Democrats:

It is only fair that I talk about Dennis Kucinich, and say some of things that nicer candidates don’t want to say. I personally don’t care if I offend Kucinich with what I have to say, and I actually hope this article hurts his chances of getting re-elected.

Dennis Kucinich:
1) Dennis Kucinich is a traitor. I don’t care how you slice it he is a traitor worse than Benedict Arnold. At least Benedict Arnold fought for the Colonists for a little while before surrendering West Point to the British. If Kucinich could, he would surrender all of North America to the Taliban and Hamas. He visited our enemies in Syria, and refuses to visit our troops in Iraq.
2) Kucinich is the biggest crybaby of all time. He cried and whined to ABC for not including him in the presidential debate. The response from ABC news should be that since Dennis refuses to ever attend a debate for the seat he currently holds, he should not be allowed to attend any presidential debates.
3) The newsletters he sends home quote all sorts of mail from constituents thanking him for the wonderful job he is doing. I will paraphrase all the letters for you: “Thank you for helping us get our passports”. Whoopie-Freaking-Doo. You won’t see any letters thanking him for holding congressional hearings on the closure of our hospitals and LTV Steel. He didn’t know his job well enough to even conceive of the idea, nor has he learned since.
4) He has burned so many political bridges in Washington, that even if a Democrat wins the White House, he still will not be able to bring action and dollars home to the 10th District. Hillary won’t work with him, Obama won’t work with him, and John Edwards will not work with him. Needless to say…none of the Republicans will work with him either. Perhaps Mahmoud Ahmadinejad would work with him, but that will only happen if Kucinich can surrender the United Stated to Iran. (Even then…I don’t think Ahmadinejad would work with him for long after the surrender).
5) He continues to embarrass this district, this city, this state, and quite frankly the entire United States.

Thomas O’Grady:
Admittedly, I don’t know much about Mr. O’Grady. I have done some research on him though, and I hope he comes to knock on my door. He is the mayor of North Olmsted, and seems to have a pretty decent track record in his career. He is an Army veteran, and a St. Ignatius High School grad (which is always a plus for me…Go Cats!). Hopefully his platform will be to bring jobs and respect back to the District.

Rosemary Palmer:
I have met Rosemary on a few occasions. I have nothing against her as a person, but she is a political novice. She would not serve this district well in the capacity of having very little political savvy. According to her web site, she served on the Board of Education for South Orange-Maplewood, New Jersey. Serving on a Board of Education (in New Jersey mind you) and representing a large municipal congressional district are two completely different animals. Lastly, her main impetus for running for Congress is due to the tragic death of her son in Iraq. I know this because I have heard her speak, and this is the first reason she mentions for running for Congress. As tragic as the loss is, it does not make for a good rep to congress. I would be concerned about her judgment in voting on very key issues as they relate to our troops. Her personal feelings could get in the way of sound judgment, and cost the lives of even more of our solders abroad.

Joe Cimperman:
I have known Joe for many years. He was 2 years ahead of me at St. Ignatius High School graduating in 1988. Joe is a good guy who has well meaning intentions. There is one giant reason why I will not vote for him. HE DOES NOT LIVE IN THE 10TH CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICT. According to the Board of Elections, Joe lives on West 12th Street in the 11th Congressional District. Joe should run against Stephanie Tubbs Jones.

Barbara Anne Ferris:
I recently met Barb Ferris while running for City Council in Parma. This lady is sharp, and quite frankly…knows her stuff. Some would say that she is a political novice in not getting elected to any offices previously, but I would beg to differ. Barb could easily get elected to any smaller office without even trying all that much. I even asked her to run for City Council in Parma once. Barb has been fighting for this district since 2004, when she mounted an Independent campaign against Kucinich. In 2006, the Plain Dealer was smart enough to endorse her for the Democratic nomination against Kucinich. She saw a long time ago that Kucinich was costing this district employment, money, and quite frankly our lives. While Kucinich was in Hawaii with Jeff Spicoli, our district was suffering from horrible job loss and unemployment. While Kucinich was blaming George Bush and UFO’s for Cleveland’s recession, Barb Ferris was lighting the fire that said Dennis Kucinich IS THE PROBLEM. Long before O’Grady…long before Palmer….long before Cimperman…Barb is the one candidate that has been fighting to bring respect back to the 10th district since the 2004 election.

Democrats should choose Barbara Anne Ferris as their nominee for the 10th Congressional District.

For the Republicans, there are two candidates: Jim Trakas and Jason Werner. This is an easy one….vote for Jim Trakas. I have met both candidates on many occasions. Hands down, Trakas is the way to go. He is talented enough to win the District. He has tons of public and party leadership experience. Trakas would be an excellent choice for Congress.

I look forward to seeing Barb Ferris face off against Jim Trakas in the November election. If these two faced off against one another, the District would be in great shape. Although…if Homer Simpson faced off against Peter Griffin, the district would be in OK shape…since one of the opponents wasn’t Dennis Kucinich.

More to come...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Better watch out Dave. Palmer is going to start harrassing you into voting for her. She is classic for bullying people and becoming a evil bbeeaach once you tell her you are not going to vote for her.

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Dave. Really tough call on Cimperman. I know you went to HS with him, and usually speak pretty high of him. I agree with you that since he does not live in the district, you should not vote for him.

9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad someone else mentioned that Rosemary is a Battle Axe. During the November Election in Parma, she nearly accosted me after I was done voting. She has absolutely zero people skills when it comes to running for public office. I was done voting. I had no idea who she was, and she nearly tackled me after I was done voting. I haven't decided who I am voting for in the Democratic Primary, but I know I will not vote for Palmer and i will not vote for Kucinich. Didn't know that Cimperman lived in the 11th district. I will have to call my mayor (Zannotti) about endorsing him.

9:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meant my FAVORITE mayor Zannotti. Unfortunately, my mayor is DePiero.

9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rosemary Palmer is unbelieveable. I watched her nearly attack Barb Ferris in Garfield Hts. I was not the only person that was shocked. She continues to just be plain mean. I can't see her getting along with anyone in Washingont. From her I see more of the same as Kucinich. Alot of hot air with no action.

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home